Thursday 18 July 2013

In which Thursday is Monday

Oh come on, you know by now that I at least try to do posts in advance.  I claim to be all professional and organised and I am but only for 7.24 hours a day, or any time that I am at work as I spend far too many days doing far too many more hours than I am paid for to be frank and open with you.

Anyhoo, today (Monday remember) was my first day back to work after 2 weeks leave which is always 20 ways of tortourous but to add to that I had a complete site move to cope with, moving boxes to unpack, 200 emails to respond to after desperately seeing how many I could delete as just plain stupid on top of still making sure that Hubby got out of bed early enough to have a whine about having to use a bicycle to get to work because our company had dared to shut the site I worked on which just happened to be handy as I could drop him off on the way....breathe. 

It only got worse when I got into work after finding out that my bosses, bosses, boss was going to be sat next to me (I can at least live in hope that the new regime of hot desking will mean that she sometimes will be sat elsewhere....okay most of the time) and she thought it would be a good idea to have a dig at me before I even had the first box unpacked.  After having had a complete stomach full of it before I went on leave I was just not in the mood for it today.

All is not lost however though because today (yes, I am now on Thursday just to confuse you) I will have been on a train on Wednesday to Birmingham to attend an all day meeting.  2 plus hours there and then again to get home makes for lots of time away from the office and plenty of time to catch up on some reading.  It has to be far more relaxing than being in the office surely?! Hopefully it provided sopme much needed half week respite to give me more strength for the rest of the week.

I wonder if I can read a whole novel in the 5 hours travelling time - yes surely....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment