Firstly, life gets in the way - of blogging. And work gets in the way of life.
It has been another busy week with overnight stays in Leeds & Sheffield. Thankfully, the overnight stays are almost over with only day visits to offices - albeit long days but I can cope with that.
Lessons learned this week.
1. According to the Myers Briggs Personality Indicator I have a an introvert, intuition, feeling, judgement personality.
2. An introvert isn't necessarily a quiet person (trust me I am evidence of that) but instead gets their energy from doing things alone - that is true - I get my energy from reading or watching TV alone. Working out or walking the dogs also works.
3. Introverts don't get their energy from social occasions and like a small amount of time alone after a social situation to re-energise - again true for me (unless with my 4 best friends who I could spend ages with).
4. You can move along the indicators with time. True for me - I am not as much of an introvert as I was 10 years ago. Something I have learned to change to to help my career. I also use intuition rather than base my decisions on solid fact - a serious move over 10 years. Learning to use my 'guy' in work decisions as I do in my personal life.
3. I am proud to be a feeling rather than thinking person. It means I put my colleagues and staff feelings before the tangible business decisions. It doesn't mean those feelings override business decisions just that I find a way to do it while keeping people's feeling forefront and centre.
4. Judging rather than perception - use facts and detail to back up the big picture. Makes sense lol.
5. Finding out what the whole teams personalities are can be great fun.
6. Charlie, Beautiful B's 6 month old black Labrador settles down quicker than Fredster fluff dies when he comes visiting.
7. Mini Toblerones are a much friendlier eating size than a normal size Toblerone. I suspect the manufacturer is missing a trick in not selling them this way regularly.
8. Hubby's mum talks her way through TV programmes and shouts at the TV when watching football matches her son does the latter too.
9. Hubby's mum has moments when she gets confused which worries me.
10. Cala fluff will sit in her daughter in order to stay comfortable.
So what have you learned this week?
Usual rules apply - see below. I would love to hear from you if you also leave comments on my blog.To join in Julie's What I Learned This Week carnival, simply follow these steps:
1. Any time this week, publish your What I Learned This Week post on your blog and comment on my blog hyper linking to your blog.
2. Then go and visit Julie’s blog at From Inmates to Playdates, find her latest “What I learned this week” and link up with the Mr. Linky form at the bottom of the post. Please put the link to your POST, not the front page of your blog.
3. Then visit the other participants and see what they learned this week.