Monday 28 October 2013

Recovery on a Saturday

It's just before 3pm and I know you are thinking I'm talking recovery from excessive alcohol intake on a Friday night after seeing the title but you would be wrong.  Mostly. I mean I did have vodka last night but only two glasses, and no not the Ribena size glass that at least one of my friends is thinking I'm talking about. They don't serves those in pubs, apparently it results in no profits or something. 

I'm talking about an accumulation if things. Firstly, very little sleep on Thursday night when I was wide awake and moving around in bed that much even baby fluff lifted her head up and looked at me as if to say "Enough already!"  When you go to work tired you know you are going to crash early that night. 

Then there is the week long struggle to get a VAT recoverable decision on one of our contracts. Fun but emotionally taxing and luckily a successful outcome. 

Then add to that two vodkas, a lot of pizza and a roaring coal fire and it was no surprise I had to apologise to hubby, C and A and take myself to bed. To add insult to injury I didn't last as long as I thought I would. I had hoped to last until the heady heights of 9pm, but had to admit defeat 15 minutes earlier. I blame the alcohol! 

On the upside I slept like a log last night.  Whoop. 

Staying at C and A's this weekend Hubby and I were awake early to take his mum to do her supermarket shop and having suggested that A and I have a wander around a garden centre (specifically their Christmas display) while we sent the boys off to drink at the pub we have returned to have a rest. You know, before we meet up with the boys and drink more vodka. 

That is if my stomach decides to stop making funny noises!  It is incredibly sulky and really doesn't like eating a lot of gluten! 

2hrs later. Now I'm being told the guest decides whether we join the boys in the pub.  Good idea except now I've relaxed and could just snooze for a couple of hours. Typical! 

Update:  soon after I got rather poorly and spent the rest of the weekend in bed! Now I'm really going to have to find a way of making that up now aren't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment