The first week of enforced sick leave is over so what did I learn?
- It may take nearly a whole week before your legs start to peel from sunburn
- A week goes far too fast when on leave and you wonder where the time went
- You can still feel like you haven't had much relaxation after a week on sick leave
- After a week you can already be sick of the revolving door of appointments
- Not drinking the fluids in the quantity you are told may mean that your veins are too deep and dehydrated to see on a scan so you will need another one in a week
- Caffeine based drinks, especially Coca Cola and Pepsi dehydrate you (I will admit I already knew this and ignored it) and your veins (didn't know that) which makes them difficult to see on a scan but more importantly put you at a much higher risk of deep vein thrombosis (which is kind of scary)
- It is much easier to take the water filter upstairs or in the living room so you are not constantly up and down to the kitchen refilling glasses
- It is possible to clear 18% of the sky planner in a day and in a week you can clear 50%
- The ergonomic and reclining sun lounger is an excellent solution to raising your legs above hip level as per hospital orders; not only to catch some rays but also to watch TV or read when indoors
- It is far too easy to fall asleep on a sun lounger outside
- Hubby will tell you off for attempting to do anything relating to housework as the lack of anti-inflammatories cause pain doing the slightest thing
- Plants need watering a lot more when a) it doesn't rain and b) temperatures are constantly in the high 20's
- It is a good idea to change the type of spray on the hose before attempting to water plants with it - a high density spray will only splatter soil all over the patio
- The dogs are stupid because they insist on sitting on the hot patio despite the fact that it risks burning the pads of their feet
- Emus and Kangaroos cannot walk backwards and finally
- The dot over an 'i' is called a tittle
To join in on the What I Learned This Week carnival, simply follow these steps:
1. Any time this week, publish your What I Learned This Week post on your blog and comment on my blog hyper linking to your blog.
2. Then go and visit Julie’s blog at From Inmates to Playdates, find her latest “What I learned this week” and link up with the Mr. Linky form at the bottom of the post. Please put the link to your POST, not the front page of your blog.
3. Then visit the other participants and see what they learned this week.