Thursday 9 May 2013

Zombies, guilty pleasures and more!


I’ve picked this up from a blog I read: 'This is Mommyhood' and couldn’t resist because I love these meme things!  Also go and read Elle’s blog – she is great fun. Please join in, post your comments and if you have a blog join in and post on your blog and send me a link to it.
 
1. If the zombie apocalypse happened tomorrow, which weapon would you want to have to fight these brain eaters?
A. a flamethrower
B. an unlimited supply of ninja throwing stars.
C. a chainsaw.
D. a shoelace because you’re bad ass.
E. other and what would it be?
F. none of the above, I want to be a damn zombie!

My initial thought - Zombies need flame-throwers; after all, you need to be far enough away that you don’t get gnawed.  Being a zombie is my idea of a nightmare – being a bit OCDish and an accountant to boot the lack of any control when my brain turns to mush freaks me out a teeny weeny bit.  

However!  Zombies are only killed if you stab them in the head or chop it off so a flame thrower won't work - not only will they still try to bite you but they would set your house on fire in the attempt to do so.

So I will have to go with a chainsaw as messy as it is. 

2. If you could be stuck in an elevator with anyone, who would it be?

I cannot think of anyone I would want to talk to – well, I can but I think they would get bored with me quickly; either that or think I should be in a mental institution.  So I’m going for the superficial: Damon from the Vampire Diaries!  

Why?  Well, Dean from Supernatural and Hugh Jackman are already married with kids.  Damon isn’t – granted he is or was dating Elena from the Vampire Diaries and she is much thinner and prettier than me but one can dream….

3.  If you could drop everything and go anywhere in the world (real or fantasy), where would it be?

The Maldives but I would also need a fairy godmother to come down and cast a spell on Hubby so that a, he can cope with the heat b, he would be happy with the heat c, either miracle a full sky sports subscription on a huge TV wherever we are or enable him to enjoy lying in the sun and relaxing without deciding he is bored.  Oh and of course I would want to be in a resort with one of the huts on stilts over the sea with a glass floor so I can see all the sea life below. 

I really don't want much now do I?

4. Favorite guilty pleasure?

Watching ridiculous TV shows like Escape to the Country so I can see how the other half live.  When I win the lottery I am going to get a house built and incorporate all the bits of houses I like on this show.

5. If you could send any celebrity/reality star into space so you’d never have to hear about them again, who would it be?

Oh this is going to sound like there are loads of people I would do this too which makes me sound like an awful person:

First and foremost – Katie Price (aka Jordan).  While the use of her ‘celebrity’ has enabled her to make money from things other than blowing up her breasts to obscene proportions and flaunting them for the public, I cannot see what else the woman has done other than air her entire life, warts and all for the public without what seems like a thought for her children.  Marrying men and divorcing them in less than a year, openly saying awful things about her children’s father all in the public eye and therefore available for her children to see and hear as they grown up seems like a selfish thing to do.  She has grown up in the public eye and appears to do all she can to stay in it and I am at a loss as to what she has to say to fill up at least 2 biographies so far.

Jeremy Kyle – why, oh why does society support shows such as his - where people go on TV to air their dirty laundry?  Most of them don’t even look like they have made an effort with their appearance and are happy to drag their family and friends onto national TV for everyone to hear their arguments.

Charlie Sheen - I don't think I need to explain why.
6. Which would you rather win? An Oscar, a Grammy, or a Tony.

It would have to be an Oscar; I am tone deaf so cannot sing and at least with an Oscar I could attempt to play roles where aliens do actually exist outside of my head.

7. What’s one of your favorite books?

Impossible to give a favourite book as I read incessantly.

Any of the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter novels by Laurell. K Hamilton – being able to spin out a story line into a series of 20 books is impressive and the supernatural world she spins sounds like huge fun.

Any of the Harry Potter books – although written for children they span all ages.

I really enjoyed the Twilight series – so easy to read and to this day I don’t think the books transcended to film too well, especially the first.  Stephanie Meyer’s book ‘The Host’ is also hugely enjoyable and written totally differently to the Twilight series.

8. What song(s) makes you want to dance around your house and/or brings you back to your teen years?

Any of the American 80s soft rock songs and more recently anything by P!nk who is amazing live.  There is nothing better than driving to work and playing any of this music at full volume to get you ready for a hard day at work.

9. A favorite non-mommy activity?

Reading and I sure don’t get as much time as I would like in this area.  Better in my rocking chair but then I tend to rock myself to sleep.

10. What’s a favorite book that you like to read to your kids?

Beautiful B is 18 now so I don’t read to her any longer.  When she was little, we read all of the Beatrix Potter books but our favourites were The Twits and George and the Marvellous Medicine by Roald Dahl. 

11. What kids cartoon or character makes you want to bang your head against a spike?

The Teletubbies!  When they first appeared on TV Beautiful B was 18 months old and I banned it from the house.  After watching only 2 episodes of this her language regressed as she thought it fun to talk in their stupid language.  In later series they had some words but I just don’t get the point of them.

12. What’s one of your favorite movies?

A hard one as I don’t have just one. 

I enjoy Face Off and Swordfish and can watch these films over and over – John Travolta plays a great bad ass. Hugh Jackman topless in the latter film is a much loved bonus.

I enjoy films based on old comics – there is just something about them I enjoy so films such as Spiderman.  X-men films are so enjoyable and Hugh Jackman is, again, an added bonus.

The Die Hard films are always a good go to.

The original Toy Story is the best animated film I have ever seen and I can watch it over and over again.  The little things tickle me such as the way the soldiers walk because their feet are attached to bases.  The T-Rex is fantastic as he reminds me of the way my brain works.

Liar Liar is hugely amusing.  The faces Jim Carrey pulls have Beautiful B and I in hysterics each and every time we watch this film.  Beautiful B grew up on this film and so it holds a special place in both our hearts – a shame that Hubby cannot stand Jim Carrey.

So Lets go.  I love these things so join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment