Sunday 5 May 2013

Dead Duck

A man took his duck to the vet. The vet took one look at the duck and said 

“I’m sorry sir, this duck is dead.”

The man was distraught. 

“My poor duck. He was only quacking about in the garden last night. I need a second opinion.”

The vet nodded, left the room and returned holding a cat. The cat looked carefully at the duck, then looked at the vet and shook its head. 

The vet left the room again and returned with a golden retriever dog. The dog also carefully looked at the duck, then looked at the vet and shook its head.

“There is no doubt that your duck is dead, I’m very sorry sir. That’ll be £200 please.” Said the vet.

“That’s outrageous, £200, all you’ve done is tell me my duck is dead.” raged the man.

“But sir,” replied the vet “you’re not taking into account the cost of the cat scan and the lab report.”

No comments:

Post a Comment