It’s not been a great week for me this week I have to admit. However, sometimes some of the best lessons come from some of the bad things. Here’s a taster of what I have learned this week:
- When updating your appraisal to add some of the ‘buzz’ and competency wording requested by your manager it is a really good idea to remember that you should be periodically saving the draft document.
- MSWord asks you if you are sure you don’t want to save the document before closing for a reason.
- No matter how much practice one has over a number of years you will still feel helpless when a friends loved one passes away; especially when that friend (adopted brother) has lost both parents within 6 months of one another.
- You can eat far too much over an Easter weekend when spending it with said friend and his family and after eating 3 huge meals in 3 days you won’t be able to face any more food despite there not having been an Easter egg in sight.
- You hate accounting which begs the question why are you a qualified accountant?! It doesn’t matter that not being able to balance an account happens once in a blue moon it will still make you seriously question your sanity.
- You can warn Hubby that you must balance an account and that it may be a very late night. Despite that he will still come downstairs at 4.30am and say “Are you having a laugh?”
- You can say calmly “No, obviously I am not having a laugh” when looking at him in complete incredulity at the absurdness of the question.
- You will decide that you hate accounts when you go to bed at 7.30am having been awake all night with no success. A whole day later you will still be convinced you hate accounts and still be convinced accounts is not for you.
- You won’t be able to sleep well during the day, despite having been awake all night. The next day you will feel like the zombie you were watching last night on the TV and desire the complete lack of brain activity said zombies have.
- You will silently groan when Hubby keeps reminding you to get out of bed to go to work and wish that he would allow you a lie-in as easily as you do him when he needs it.
- You will be keeping your fingers crossed that you can stay awake during the film you are going to see with one of your best friends, Angel, tonight because you love her enough to want to see her despite being exhausted and suffer the consequences the day after.
- You will know that you will do this just as equally for each of your 3 other best friends.
- If it wasn’t the end of the financial year you would be begging for a day or two off work right now.
- Buying a small birthday cake for the person who sits next to you at work is a great excuse to buy yourself a chocolate fudge square.
So what have you learned this week? If you have a blog follow the steps below or alternatively leave a comment - I love comments!
To join in on the What I Learned This Week carnival, simply follow these steps:
1. Any time this week, publish your What I Learned This Week post on your blog and comment on my blog hyper linking to your blog.
2. Go visit Julie at FromInmates to Playdates, find her latest “What I learned this week” and link up with the Mr. Linky form at the bottom of the post. Please put the link to your POST, not the front page of your blog.
3. Then visit the other participants on both blogs and see what they learned this week.