Thursday 25 April 2013

Preparing for CenterParcs

Today is the first day of a long weekend away from work. Why?  Because Hubby and I are off to CenterParcs with my Brother C and his fiancee and one of my best friends, A.  Beautiful B and Ry are having a romantic weekend (ignoring the work they have to go to) at our house looking after the fluffers and having some much needed time together as a couple.
 
We go away tomorrow so I am off work today to prepare.  My brother is a fabulous cook and has instructed us to leave the food shopping and cooking to him which is an excellent idea considering that I have boiled carrots dry and exploding a boiled egg while cooking in the past. I may have to go out and buy beer and I am more than happy to do that and I have a list of what must be packed and I will remember to pack the asthma inhaler this time! 
 
We have all been on the website and looked at the activities available.  My brother C is still trying to convince Hubby that he should do something special on his 40th birthday such as quadbiking.  Hubby doesn't drive because he once drove over a roundabout while concentrating on gears when learning to drive so he thinks he may be too dangerous on a quadbike and as much as I hate to admit it, a little part of me agrees with that.



There are other activites and as the site we are staying at covers 40 acres bikes can be hired.  I much prefer a less active mode of transport to get around the complex though......



See now these look like lots of fun and I am sure even Hubby could manage to get around on these without injury or accident.






I quite fancy some zipwiring and I have more chance of convincing my brother and my best friend A to join in with me. Hubby may sit with a beer and cheer us on.











Or how about some tree treking......I'm thinking Hubby might think this is a bit too much exercise for a holiday.  I am wondering whether me and my brother are too heavy for both of these two activities seen as both of us have settled into our relationships more than comfortably shall we say.




There are two places I will definitely be visiting!  They will be the candy shop and the pancake house.  After all, you have to let go when on holiday.....
 
  Yum, Yum!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Having said all of that, I have to get us there yet.  Being nortorious for not being able to find my way out of a paper bag my brother is supplying a sat nav system in an attempt to get Hubby and I there safe and sound.
 
I am sure I will be posting some beautiful pictures of scenery on my return.  Having been there before my brother knew which woodland chalet to book and it backs onto a lake.  He fully intends to do a BBQ one evening.  Seen as it is only April and the weather is more indecisive than I am along with the normal attire I will be packing a blanket, hot water bottle, gloves, scarf and hat because I am determined that I will sit outdoors enjoying a BBQ even if it is a bit chilly.  Unless you have figured it out, I am always the one saying that it is cold outdoors.
 
I cannot think of a better way to celebrate Hubby's 40th birthday than taking him away to relax.  A birthday party such as mine would have been his worst nightmare.  My brother and his fiancee A have been through an awful time these last 6 months and so some rest and relaxation is definitely on the cards for them.
 
See you all on the other side!
 
x 

No comments:

Post a Comment