Tuesday 8 January 2013

Procrastination

I am lazy or that is the conclusion I have come to.  Accounts were supposed to be done over the Christmas holidays and they weren't, then they were supposed to have been done yesterday and today and they still haven't...and that isn't counting the last 6 months I have been putting them off.

Instead I find a way to fill my days with nothing; yesterday I took all the Christmas decorations down while playing an on line game and watching a film or two.  Over Christmas I read 3 books and did some cross-stitch.

So a decision has been made!  I will be deleting all games that I play - surely if I cannot be tempted by them I might get more done?

I get annoyed with myself when I find myself wondering what I have done in the past 4 hours besides watch a bit of TV, read, cuddle the dogs and periodically clean parts of the house.

Others tell me I do too much - a full time job and a part time job as well as being Treasurer for 2 small clubs doesn't leave a lot of downtime and the downtime I would normally have is filled with jobs that need doing.  So something has to give.

It can't be the jobs - after all, the second job is paying for a holiday this year so I will start small and delete the games and I will get to the accounts as soon as I have finished these posts. 

You see, this is why the posts are periodic!  I get distracted and do other things and I never seem to put them or order of priority either...

How I managed to get where I have in my full time job I will never ever know.

A trip to London tomorrow puts me behind at work so there is a lot of catching up to do.  I guess this decision could be considered to be my New Year's resolution - no procrastination!

I will keep you posted!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment