Thursday 12 April 2012

I knew there was some willpower somewhere

We will ignore the fact that I rocked on up to the fat fighters venue last night having not eaten since lunch and drunk no more than a sip of fluid all afternoon only to find the building all locked up.  We will ignore the fact that I went as far as ringing Beautiful B to ask where fat fighters was being held for her to say the same place and for me to argue that no it wasn't because it was all locked up.  We will ignore her response which was "Mum, it is 5.45pm, you are almost an hour early...."

Instead, we will concentrate on how Beautiful B and I stood on those scales knowing that we had both lost weight.  We couldn't not do really considering we may have consumed our body weight of point free vegetable soup this week and Beautiful B survived the whole week with only 4 chicken McNuggets and a Creme Egg McFlurry instead of a full McD meal for every shift. 

We will concentrate on Beautiful B's happiness at losing 5 lbs in one week and the confidence boost it gave her which is much needed at the minute.  We will concentreate on my 11 1/2 lb weight loss and the feeling of control it gave me.  We will ignore the amount of money Beautiful B had me spend on fat fighter goodies though as she is going to break my bank one day.

Yesterday we discussed barriers to weight loss and what excuses we find to not losing weight.  Stress is definitely one of mine - my own I can deal with most of the time, stressing about others isn't one that I have managed to conquer yet.  Beautiful B's is avoiding McDs and being tempted by naughty food well....anywhere really.

Finding excuses not to exercise has been mine this past week despite my initial best intentions so that is what I am working on this week.  Taking into account the fact that I have watched seasons 1 and 2 of True Blood back to back this week and have now rented season 3, frequent attendance at the gym may be a problem over the weekend but having insisted on buying a reebok step last year (and using it at least 4 times a week last year) that will make its first appearance in from of the TV this year so that I can kill two birds with one stone.

After all, 11 1/2 lbs is all well and good, but as probably half of that was due to the first weigh in including jeans and boots and yesterdays including the lightest clothes I can possibly find, a large weight loss next week is not likely to occur without some added exercise.

In case you are wondering, the jeans and boots thing wasn't cheating...it was forward thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment