Friday 17 June 2011

Whoop!

So Baba Fluff slept through the night last night!!!!  I feel like breaking out the champagne - well I would if I drank it but it tastes just plain nasty....

Abi just wants to be with the other fluffers.  They all sleep upstairs - yes, I know it was a bad idea to start with but 5 years down the line there is no training them to sleep downstairs in their own beds now. 

As per the other fluffers training when puppies I insisted Abi stay downstairs until she was house trained.  Serves me right for keeping the most boisterous female because there has been a battle of wills going on every night at 2.30 a.m., 3 a.m., 4a.m....well you get the picture.

Hubby hates seeing any of us upset, one of the many reasons he is so wonderful to me.  Nor can Beautiful B so they would take Abi upstairs when she cried leaving me to play big bad wolf - neither of them understanding that, like babies, puppies quickly learn to play one owner against another. 

I had to laugh the day I walked around like a zombie and I said to Hubby "You just aren't listening, they are like babies, if they are fed, watered and have been to the loo they have to be left to cry to get used to their own company."  His response was fantastic: "I am listening honey, I'm just can't obey."

Last night we took her cage upstairs to our room, covered it with a blanket and waited to see what she would do.  What did she do, she slept....finally. 

I woke at 2.30 not to tell Baba fluff off but to use the bathroom, then I blissfully went back to sleep.  I woke at 4 a.m. when she would normally wake and refuse to settle again to silence.  Like a mother with a newborn I was unable to go back to sleep and led there in bed waiting for her to wake and cry.  The last time I did anything like that Beautiful B was a toddler and I was trying to get her settled through the night.

They are so like babies, and they are all my babies.  I can't have any more children so the fluffers are our babies and we love them as such. 

It is probably too early to be counting my chickens but I have everything crossed that this is the start of more peaceful nights.  

What did I say about her submitting to my will - yeah okay, go on deluding yourself Ribena!

No comments:

Post a Comment