Today is the big day. The day I leave the safe cacoon (and excuse) of being a trainee accountant or a newly qualified accountant to a fully fledged accountant with a permanent post to boot. There is no more excuses of not knowing....now I step up and hit that oh so steep learning curve and don't stop until I get to the top*.
So far, I have been given all morning to unpack my desk....which took all of 30 minutes. This afternoon I get the first instalment of an induction, followed by the rest tomorrow morning. Then.......my new boss has a couple of jobs for me.
So far, it has been easier than this weekend was. Which, incidently, included but was not restricted to:
- Zumba at the gym (incredibly amusing and soooo much fun though I have discovered that I cannot jump backwards and shake my booty at the same time);
- the beautician;
- evening visits to some extremely good friends then the fun ended to be replaced by
- trekking on a 3 hour journey to pick up a stranded brother-in-law,
- cooking 2 different soups for 3 hours;
- the requisite cooking and cleaning for the family....
- oh, and pimping the baba fluff** out to hopefully get puppies in 8 weeks.
I am still waiting for the weekend where I can sit and catch up on the 2 planners (one of which is now at 2% and at risk of not recording Morgan in his finest).
* Considering that I only just managed an exercise class that involved a form of running for 45 minutes, it could be tricky.
** It should be noted that baba fluff (otherwsie known as Cala Fluff) is in fact nearly 3 years old and therefore eligable to be pimped out in the hope that I can have 4 beautiful bundles of joy running around the house for 6 weeks.