Tuesday 20 July 2010

Perspective

After whinging for the past few posts I am full of perspective today.  Dad had a stroke just over a week ago and suddenly the pass or fail of an exam is the furthest thing from my mind. 

He is much better, sounds more like my dad (as it affected his voice, face and throat) and we could tell when he was feeling better as he started being naughty in the hospital.

Poking his head round the door of his room when it was near visiting time at the hospital to see if we were waiting to get in the ward (cos you know, they lock them in - there will be a good reason for it, lets face it some of them will be confused and wander off to the shops or similar).  He'd then wander up to the doors and attempt to escape or attach himself to the doors like a limpet making us all laugh.

Mum has decided that the next time a hospital doctor says "We'll just keep them in overnight for observation" it really means "You will be here for at least 3 days".  Maybe it is a big conspiracy to make you spend more on the TV and phone cards - as it's £5 for a day and only £10 for 3 days (£20 for 6 days!!!) they are on a nice little earner.

Brains are funny things - I have slept okay for the most part while Dad was in hospital - unfortunately my brain didn't.  I'd wake up each morning and feel more tired than I did the day before.  I am sure I was seriously in need of a makeover, or at least some damn good foundation, by day 3....

I am so glad Beautiful B has decided to be a nurse.  She chose her uniform (the dresses are horrid apparently) and opted for a tunic and trousers - she was not impressed when I asked her (in total innocence, of course) if they do trousers in 4 feet nothing size......

So, as we are all to look after our parents in their older years, as is only right, Beautiful B will be qualified to look after me.  Let's face it, she is going to need all the help she can get, my memory is going already and I am still all of 18......

On the home front, Lily had decided that as we are not going to take her to the Bahamas for her doggy holidays she will take to lying on her back with her head hanging off the end of the couch ala sunbathing.  When someone walks into the room she slowly turns her head as if to say "Hello Waiter, I will have a gourmet biscuit please." 

Pictures to follow......

No comments:

Post a Comment