Well another week of feeling dizzier than normal and I seem to be coming out the back end of a bout of Vertigo - hallelujah!
This week has been mostly sunny and hot; such a waste when I have felt too ill to sit outside and soak it up. Beautiful B is making plans to move in with her boyfriend and I finally have to accept that she is no longer my little girl. So besides that what else did I learn this week?
- Well, obviously the first thing has to be that intermittent dizziness and feeling sick is so much better than feeling like that constantly - I bet you are all amazed by that headline!
- 42 is a great film and more evidence of how history can teach us just how awful humans can treat each other just because of the colour of their skin.
- Secretly making plans for Christmas presents is so much fun.
- On the flip side, it is my mother's birthday in 2 weeks and I have no idea what to get her as a present.
- Hanging baskets full of flowers look so pretty and just looking at them through my patio doors warms my heart.
- If I got paid to procrastinate I would be a millionaire.
- Having 4 dogs causes a lot of fluff that constantly needs sweeping up.
- The supermarket obviously think it is fine to sell open boxes of cereal just because the inside bag has not been opened - cheapskates!
- It's a good idea to know what size bicycle inner tube you need before you go to the bike shop thinking you can help Hubby out.
- Scandal is such a great series to watch on the TV and hugely addictive.
- Rules of Engagement is a funny comedy.
- Sky should be fined for deciding not to run the 9th season of Supernatural.
- American TV should hurry up and finish airing the 9th series of Supernatural so that I can buy it on a UK playing DVD series.
- I'm a little bit impatient.
- You can guarantee that when I start feeling better the sun will come out when I have found a job to do indoors as it is cloudy so that I miss sitting out in the sun and relaxing - okay, you cannot guarantee it but again, I am a little impatient
- The springs collapsing in our new mattress may have been a blessing in disguise because being able to choose a softer mattress as a replacement was such a GREAT IDEA!!!
- Beautiful B will not believe me when I comment on a post about she and Ry disappearing on a short break for 3 days results in me deciding to throw a huge party; damn her knowing me too well!
- The sun really beats down and heats up the dining room during the summer so that I start to swelter when working in the late afternoon - pity I never realised that when I used to have the lounge in this room and complained it was cold.
- When Beautiful B goes away and leaves Fredster he will follow me around the house and lie down near my feet (brave dog) and use me as a comfort blanket.
- The night before I return to work I may contemplate doing some elearning for work in the evening because Hubby has decided that it is a golf and football night on the TV.
So...pray tell me - what have you learned this week?
Usual rules apply - see below. I would love to hear from you if you also leave comments on my blog.To join in Julie's What I Learned This Week carnival, simply follow these steps:
1. Any time this week, publish your What I Learned This Week post on your blog and comment on my blog hyper linking to your blog.
2. Then go and visit Julie’s blog at From Inmates to Playdates, find her latest “What I learned this week” and link up with the Mr. Linky form at the bottom of the post. Please put the link to your POST, not the front page of your blog.
3. Then visit the other participants and see what they learned this week.