Wednesday 5 February 2014

Vampire tendencies?

Okay, I don't want to drink blood, I can't turn into a different animal, I don't have fangs and I'm certainly not beautiful. However,  I am making a habit of being awake most of the night. 

I nodded off on the train, thankfully dropping my book on the floor waking me before I slept through my stop at Sheffield. I nodded off on the way home last night. I longed for sleep most of the day. 

I was in bed reading about murder and mayhem, zombies that weren't zombies, by 9pm. Hubby came upstairs and told me to turn the light off at 9.45pm. I has nodded off (I see a habit forming) reading the book but Beautiful B had woken me up laughing really loud last night for about 20 minutes. 

She wasn't on her own so I didn't have to wonder if she was losing her marbles and I didn't really want to think about what Ry might have been doing to make her laugh so much. He is a lovely young man but I am her mum after all. 

I didn't want to ask her to keep the noise down because she has spent the last week mourning her dad and sister during their second year anniversaries. It was nice to hear her laugh and so without thinking too much about what they may have been up to I was grateful that Ary can make her so happy in such a terrible week for her. 

Checking Facebook before I went to bed she had tagged me in a post. A post of a man and a dog that she thought was hilarious and I just didn't get. Must be an age thing....

I had no problem going back to sleep....until midnight, then 1am, then 2.15, then 3pm, 3.30 and 4.15 at which time I gave up trying to sleep. I seem to have no problem nodding off but then I keep waking up. 

I'm a pretty light sleeper but I am used to Hubby's snoring though judging by how loud he is being at this exact moment in time one has to wonder. I may try some ear plugs just to see if that is the problem. 

I'm not overly concerned though other than waking up at night which may make me a vampire in the making or a zombie, which is what I always feel like the day after waking up so much.

I'm off work today and Monday and do have a long weekend.  I have a long list of things to do but I can have a little siesta later today if I need it. 

I have a presentation I need to finish off over the weekend ready for a visit to Sheffield next week. I'm not telling Hubby, he won't be impressed at me working rather than relaxing at the weekend (is cleaning relaxing? Mmmm) but I'd rather get it done as I have a full report to do by the end of Tuesday. 

It's now 5am and I'm feeling a little tired. If I try to sleep I will be awake at 5.30, my internal alarm clock will wake me up so I'm not late getting Hubby to work. I am sure though that by dinner time today I could nip back to bed and easily sleep 2 hours away. Should I add it to my 'to do' list?  

As you can see this was not written this morning, but earlier this week.  Just in case you were confused and thought you may be losing your marbles....

No comments:

Post a Comment