A random five things Friday this weeks folks as I am going to tell you about five things about today (Thursday and my non-working day.
1. Whose bright idea is it with the supplier we use for IT to just send a laptop docking station in a box when you order a spare docking station? Now I know some of you are wondering why I am moaning so I will tell you. To use a docking station you need power; to get power you need a power pack that you can plug into a wall. However, when you order a spare docking station with our suppliers all you get a the docking station! Useless without power. How stupid? Totally idiotic. My new boss is going to love me telling him I need to order 'wires....'.
2. Taking Hubby's mum on the weekly food shop today I saw a competition to win a 42" TV with every purchase of Pepsi max. Well I am having some of that! Being a bit of a control freak I stook in the aisle, having put 9 multi packs of Pepsi Max in the trolley, checking whether I got a chance to win for each purchase of a pack or packs. What difference does it make I hear you say? Well I will tell you - if all 9 multi packs went through the till at once I get one receipt and that equals one chance. So you know what i did don't you? Yep, I smiled sweetly at the lady at the till and explained my concern; 9 chances are better than 1. She agreed, I am not wholly sure she was too happy about it but if I win the TV then I am sure that will compensate for the small feeling of guilt I have about the amount of work I caused her.
3. The final episode of Castle Season 5 is great. A true cliff hanger and reminded just why I love the series. I am eagerly waiting for season 6!
4. My eyebrows are no longer bushy, my nails are now a nice pink colour instead of the beige and the gel nails are working their magic on my controlling nature and have stopped me from nibbling my nails when I feel a bit stressed. By the time I start my new job on the 18th of November they will be my wow factor because trust me, nothing else about me will! Not until I lose 7 stone.
5. I may have to buy 4 new dog beds for the dining room on the 18th November. You see I will be working from home and the only time we use the dining room at the moment is for me to sit and play SIMS 3; the baby is taking ages to grow up because I lengthened the time it takes the SIMS to age. Now shut up, I know that is my fault but essentially it means that I have longer to train my sims so they are experts in everything including fishing. See now I am rambling, so anyhoo as I will be working from home from the 18th and the baba dog especially likes sitting on my knee when I play on the computer I don't think they will cope if I shut them out of the dining room. So I need 4 beds for them to lie in and I need to stop loving all the cuddle I get from baba dog quite so much.
Mind you, they have spent the last 2 hours periodically barking their heads off at people they feel may be daring to step foot on their turf. I'm not sure why they bother, Fred will want to play with them, Cala will want to lick them to death, Abi will want cuddles and Lily will have a sniff and then walk off with her nose in the air so it's not like they are going to be proper guard dogs is it.
The professional little alien in my brain is knocking on my skull reminding me to say that if I can get them to lie in their beds and sleep they may not see people randomly walking past the window; after all, how professional am I going to look on a telekit if four dogs suddenly start pretending to defend their castle?
So there you go. There are my five things Friday. Do any of you have any suggestions for future five things Friday? If so, comment and let me know.
Have a great weekend everyone.