Another week off work on sick leave due to inflammation from Repetitive Strain Injury and around the bulging disc in my neck. The longer I have off work the more I wonder how we working women get anything substantial done at home. Granted that is because I can't do an awful lot and have to do it at the pace of a 90 year old woman - painfully slow and with lots of rest.
So what did I learn this week?
- A thunderstorm doesn't always clear the muggy and humid air.
- If you drink cordial regularly without drinking Pepsi Max your first can of said caffeine drink will not taste as tasty as the juice you were drinking but you soon start to enjoy the Pepsi Max as much as you used too.
- Plantar facilitis is the medical term for heel pain. It is wear and tear of the muscles that run from the heel bone to the bones in your foot and can result in severe pain when weight bearing on one or both feet.
- It would appear that said condition was masked by the anti-inflammatories I was taking until my GP stopped them pending angina tests.
- If you walk too far or stand for too long the pain from plantar facilitis can begin straight away or take you unawares the day after leaving you unable to walk without excruciating pain. Luckily, codeine and/or Tramadol or maybe just recovery time help it subside.
- Being restricted to the top level of your house as the only bathroom is on that floor only confirms the fact, yet again, that my Hubby is outstandingly amazing and will insist on waiting on me hand and foot.
- Going on a small bike ride with Hubby is fun though he may not have enjoyed it so much as he rode behind me thinking I needed to improve my balance slightly and ride closer to the side of the road.
- When you buy some new lingerie it is a good idea to make sure that some of your existing lingerie is not in the shopping bag before you put it in the bin especially when you didn't intend to dispose of it. Hubby sent me out to buy some more only to find what I thought I threw away in the bottom of the ironing basket.
- If you have a dog that enjoys nudging things with her nose it is not a good idea to leave a full water filter jug on the floor of your bedroom.
- The same dog can snore louder than Hubby and that is an awesome feat.
- If it is suddenly possible for you to have a lie-in on a morning when it has been almost impossible previously instead of just enjoying it, one might want to question whether they may be a little low in iron.
- 1 in 1,000 people experience a side effect of itching when taking Bisoprolol Fumarate tablets; typical for me to be that 1 person in a 1,000!
- If the gas candle lighter thingy doesn't light don't put it under your nose and flick the switch to see if you can smell gas as you risk burning your nose slightly.
- You will die from sleep deprivation before food deprivation. It takes two weeks to starve to death but only 10 days of sleep deprivation will kill you.
- A giraffe's tongue can be up to 21 inches in length.
And a couple of random facts for you:
So what did you learn this week?
To join in on the What I Learned This Week carnival, simply follow these steps:
1. Any time this week, publish your What I Learned This Week post on your blog and comment on my blog hyper linking to your blog.
2. Then go and visit Julie’s blog at From Inmates to Playdates, find her latest “What I learned this week” and link up with the Mr. Linky form at the bottom of the post. Please put the link to your POST, not the front page of your blog.
3. Then visit the other participants and see what they learned this week.