Friday 14 June 2013

Schools and.....rain....and teeth

This post is late because I apparently take far too long filling forms in. The one in question took 8 hours because I am a bit of a perfectionist and must have gone back over the information I put in it 4 or 5 times.  As a result, Wednesday night was a very late night, or rather morning and last night I took myself off to bed at 9.30pm after spending another 2 hours on it.  

The long and short of it is that I couldn't face putting a post together because, amazing as it may seem, I also go over them 2 or 3 times once I have done them.  Of course, you would never guess that if you judge me by grammar or even spelling.

This is my only day at work this week and after coming into 78 emails and none of my work covered, all of which is usual, except that there are usually more emails and getting annoyed by an email or two I had to disappear off to the dentist.  So that is where I have been and now I am drenched.

Yes, I know you wouldn't normally expect to get drenched at the dentists and technically I didn't get drenched in the dentist just outside of it, just as I got out of the car and the heaven opened. By the time I had walked less than 30 feet I was drenched and I can only imagine that trousers that stick to your legs may feel a little like a wet nappy to a baby....or maybe not.

By the time I came out of the dentist less than 30 minutes later there was a huge puddle outside.  In 30 minutes we had more rain than we have in the last 4 weeks in my estimations.  It is our own fault, we have obviously had too much sun in the past two weeks, or that is what my nose would tell you because it is not red at all...., and so that is our summer sun over and done with.

Of course, it all sounds like doom and gloom but you can all blame me for it raining because Hubby and I have ordered some garden furniture so maybe the idea is that we don't get to use it this year.  

Back to the dentist; because that is the way my mind works, I really think it is about time that someone invented an injection that a) actually tastes nice if some of it drips on your tongue and b) does not hurt.  I even caught myself wishing I lived 100 years from now when surely the injections would be like we see on the movies - a bit like an epipen but without the sting.

Talking of movies I am off to the cinema tonight to watch The Purge with Beautiful B and Ry.  It is a film I wanted to see so it is always a bonus when Baba tells me to watch the trailor because it looks good.  It will probably frighten her half to death; I am convinced she gets jumpier the older she gets.

I am supposed to be working very late tonight and meeting them at the cinema (as I work near the cinema and we live miles away in the opposite direction) but having been tempted for the last 3 hours, I am going to finish work early and watch Man of Steel first; it is Dad's fault as he brought me up on Superman, Wonder Woman, Star Trek, Star Wars - you get the idea.  Unfortunately, Hubby and Beautiful B think I am either talking a different language or just mental when I talk about seeing such films and making Hubby sit through it would be like torturing him.  Luckily, I am happy to sit on my own in the cinema.

See you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment