Another week, another dollar as they say. Though to be fair I was off work for 3 days last week and all of this week so it doesn't really feel like I am earning it.
This week has been less sedate than the previous one; you know without 40th fancy dress birthday parties to go to and all..but as ever it felt just as busy.
This week I learned:
- I need to win the lottery so that I don't have to work because I can find myself enough household jobs to do to fill all 7 days of the week
- Children may well move out earlier than they say they will just so they can be living with their boyfriend even if it is only 5 days earlier than planned
- Your children may continually try and convince you that they do not owe the board/rent for the last 2 weeks of their stay when they move out
- Despite trying, little female grandma doglets will not settle into their new home as they cannot stop pining for daughters and grand-daughters
- Fredster dogs will love their new home and settle in quite happily; in fact will nudge his lead after being dog-sat once his mum comes to collect him
- A double bed is significantly smaller than a king size bed and will feel much smaller than it actually is
- There is a sense of achievement in being able to change a plug better than the Hubby can
- The wind is so annoying when it is strong enough to blow all the petals off the flowers in the hanging baskets
- When re-potting a plant into a much bigger pot it will be much heavier than anticipated when filled with the plant and a load of soil....the plant will love it though and grow exponentially in just under a week
- It's annoying having to wait for the daughter that moved out to empty her junk that she intends to take to the recycling plant left in the built in cupboards when you have significant plans for that cupboard
- Towels will appear to multiply in the cupboard when your daughter and her boyfriend move out
- It seems impossible to fill the kitchen bin with rubbish when there are just two of you living in the house
- You can discover you need a much smaller kitchen bin
- It is much quieter in the house not having a big dog clippity clop round the wooden floors in the house all day
- The change in the weather, and not for the better, makes my heart a little sad
- The post man is going to encounter my wrath if he continues to leave my garden without shutting my gate properly because before long he is going to snap the catch off when the wind keeps catching it after his carelessness
- The postmans laziness annoys me in case you hadn't noticed
- I am sooo looking forward to having a dining room back especially because I can invite best friends round for dinner and a game of poker and I may just bake some chocolate orange cupcakes for one of them....
So what did you guys learn this week?
Usual rules apply - see below. I would love to hear from you if you also leave comments on my blog.To join in Julie's What I Learned This Week carnival, simply follow these steps:
1. Any time this week, publish your What I Learned This Week post on your blog and comment on my blog hyper linking to your blog.
2. Then go and visit Julie’s blog at From Inmates to Playdates, find her latest “What I learned this week” and link up with the Mr. Linky form at the bottom of the post. Please put the link to your POST, not the front page of your blog.
3. Then visit the other participants and see what they learned this week.