As I type Ry and his uncle are upstairs stripping the wallpaper off Beautiful B's bedroom walls. It is the first day of five that they will work to transform her room for her. Ry's uncle is petrified of dogs and some could say justifibly (is that a word?) legitimately as his throat was ripped open as a child. So all four fluff bags are in the dining room with me so he feels safe. Poor Frester has no bed as Lily has nicked it.
So what did I learn this week?
- Ry's uncle is able to take Beautiful B's radiator off the wall without having to drain the central heating system to ensure that all of the walls are stripped, filled, sanded, papered and painted professionally.
- Beautiful B doesn't have as
much rubbishmany belongings in her room as it normally looks like - evidenced by it now all being in my bedroom and still being able to walk around the bed comfortably.
- Filling a tub with pebbles so you can split them between 4 tubs for plant drainage is heavy and will leave you breathless.
- The above lesson taught me just how unfit I am compared to last year when it would have been no trouble at all!
- Hubby is able to ride a bicycle all the way home without having a heart attack and I am so very thankful for that.
- On the first day that he ride the bicycle to work and back he won't be in any mood for conversation that morning and
will bemay appear to be in a bad mood.
- A tossed salad with chopped egg and cheese with mayonnaise is much tastier than without, though not necessarily healthy.
- Despite being 40 I still cry when I get incredibly angry and what I know is unfair treatment.
- I have a lot of
stuffincredibly important items in my cabinet at work, as evidenced by the size of shopping bag required to pack it all up and fetch home ready for an office move.
- Hubby is incapable of doing a BBQ and cooking the right amount of meat for the people attending; instead he cooks enough to feed the street - each and every time!
- Despicable Me 2 is funnier than the first film and McDonalds finally do some Happy Meal toys that aren't rubbish - collecing these for A has been lots of fun.
- Two weeks off work is just what I needed at this moment in time, even though Ry's uncle will be arriving at 7.30pm every morning meaning I cannot have a nice relaxed lie-in bed.
- Having four dogs in the dining room makes it difficult to find room to sit at the dining room table to do accounts.
- It is possible to have a shopping trolley and then turn it into a moving leaning Tower of Pisa when you suddenly realise you should have selected the larger trolley in the first place.
So what have you learned this week?
To join in on the What I Learned This Week carnival, simply follow these steps:
1. Any time this week, publish your What I Learned This Week post on your blog and comment on my blog hyper linking to your blog.
2. Then go and visit Julie’s blog at From Inmates to Playdates, find her latest “What I learned this week” and link up with the Mr. Linky form at the bottom of the post. Please put the link to your POST, not the front page of your blog.
3. Then visit the other participants and see what they learned this week.