Saturday 6 April 2013

Indecisiveness


Having mentioned that one of the buttons on her Sky remote was sticking I offered to pick up a new one for Beautiful B.  I took off to Tesco and 20 minutes later I am stood in the electrical section looking at Sky remotes and had the following conversation in my brain.

Mmmmm, different colours……

What is the colour of Beautiful B’s remote; is it blue or is it grey?

I don’t know.

Come on, you should know.  Surely you cannot be that unobservant.

Clearly I am because I am being decisive.

Well, she doesn’t have an HD box so she obviously does not need the same remote as ours but which one does she need?

Well, which one would be better for her?

She isn’t very good at dusting and cleaning, in fact she often needs a rocket up the proverbial….

And the point of that comment is?

Well, a grey one will get dirtier quicker.

Technically, they would both get dirty.

Ah, but you wouldn’t see it on a blue one.

That makes sense but it is still eugh!

Yes, but I am not sure which one she needs so I’m trying to be practical.

Get the blue one then.

 So that is what I did.  Beautiful B was impressed with the speed of the purchase but on return I had this conversation with Beautiful B.

Mum, thank you so much but it is the wrong one.

Nooooooo, I couldn’t remember what colour your sky remote was.

It’s grey not blue.

Are they different then, other than the colour?

Yes, the blue ones don’t have the record facility.


Doh! (at this point I could not believe I hadn’t noticed that.)

It’s okay, I can use the remote to change channels and use the buttons on the front of the box to record.

That defeats the object of a remote but it is very nice of you to offer.  Don’t worry I will change it.

So…that is what I did.  Can you see the difference besides the colour?

So what is the moral of the story?

When the little aliens are muttering in your head they are not just going ‘off on one’, they are trying to tell you that something isn’t quite right and that you should listen to them more.

Oh and you are clearly one of the most unobservant people on the planet. 

No wonder people tell me that I live in a world of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment